Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working

I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad. I recently moved to Germany and do not have cell service. A friend mentioned iMessage to me, and I immediately began using it. However, on my iPhone, when I try to message someone new; I can't. They have to eniciate the conversation with me. And now when I try to respond to some people I already have an iMessage with it changes from blue to green for SMS, which I obviously cannot do without service. My friend suggested turning iMessage off and then back on. Now it says waiting for activation. Why? My ipad works fine.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 1:40 PM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2012 12:33 PM in response to Kathrkc23

Mine didn't work for 2 months and this fixed it, so I posted it in another discussion and have been getting "thank you" replies nearly daily:

Just update your date/time settings:

Settings

> General

>> Date & Time

>>> Set Automatically: Slide "ON"...If it's already on, then slide it off, chill for a bit (maybe restart it), then slide it back on.

I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1, but other users with 3GS, 4S, and even iTouch devices replied that it worked.

iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.