Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync/back up iPhone data to my computer b/c iPhone screen is shattered and i cant unlock it to enter in my passcode. How can I sync my broken iPhone with my computer and back up my data so I can sync and transfer the data to my replacement iPhone?

I can't sync my iPhone and back up my data with my computer because iTunes says to enter the passcode into my iPhone to unlock it, but I am unable to unlock and enter in my passcode on my iPhone because the screen is shattered. I have my replacement iPhone with me and I'm not going to activate it until I can sync/get the data from my broken iPhone. I have the envelope to send my broken iPhone back to the Verizon store or whatever so that's not a problem. I just can't sync my old iPhone with my computer.

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 3:28 PM

You should not have to enter your passcode if you are attempting to sync/backup to the last computer you synced with.

Have you EVER synced/backed up your phone, and if so, was it to this computer?

6 replies

Mar 22, 2012 2:07 PM in response to KiltedTim

No I haven't synced my iPhone with the computer I'm currently using. The computer that I normally sync my iPhone with is being repaired.

I read a nearly identical question to mine (in which you answered) and I found my the answer. Thanks!

Now I have a few more questions: If I mail my broken iPhone to Asurion, will I be able to get my data off of my iPhone once Asurion has it? And what will happen to my old iPhone and the data on it if I activate my replacement iPhone? Will my broken iPhone just become de-activated and will the data be erased or lost or something? Could I still sync it (with the computer ir originally synced with) and back up the data?

Thanks.

I can't sync/back up iPhone data to my computer b/c iPhone screen is shattered and i cant unlock it to enter in my passcode. How can I sync my broken iPhone with my computer and back up my data so I can sync and transfer the data to my replacement iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.