Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 doesn't make sounds.

Since yesterday my iPhone stopped making sounds from alerts and clicks from the keyboard but I know the speakers work because when I go to Settings-Sounds and I move the volume bar it rings. I'm already sure that the Lock sounds, Keyboard clicks and alerts are ON, but still doesn't work. Also, when I try to turn up the volume with the volume buttons on the iPhone it doesn't work. It shows the ringer icon but with no volume bars. It's frustrating because I never notice whenever I get an alert. I already cleaned all the dust in the dock connector and in the headset jack. Also tried plug and unplug the headphones, still not working.

I didn't drop the iPhone, neither spilled anything on it. It just suddenly stop working correctly.

I already restored the iOS 5.1 software but didn't work.

It only works with the headset.

Hope somebody knows the solution 😟.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 2:21 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2012 8:33 AM in response to jluis.delatorre

This happens to me often, and even on my new iphone 5. I found that if you reboot the phone, it's all good. Just hold down the HOME button, and the Standby/Lock button at the same time, for about a minute, and the screen will go blank, then after a bit, show the silver apple logo. Once you see that logo, let go of the buttons, and it'll finish the reboot. After that, it seems to work fine

My iPhone 4 doesn't make sounds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.