Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffling a playlist during a Nike+ workout

Is it possible to shuffle a playlist during a Nike+ workout (other than using the Shake To Shuffle feature) on an iPod Nano Gen 6? I would like be able to elect to shuffle a playlist for a workout just as your are able to shuffle a playlist from the Music icon. If not, would it be possible to add this to the next firmware upgrade? I have a large workout playlist, but when listen during Nike+ run, I end up listening to the same songs every time. I'd love to be able to mix it up.

iPod nano, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2012 5:33 PM

I have been runiing with a 2nd gen Nano and Nike+ for 5 years. I recently upgraded to a 6th gen Nano and had experienced the same annoying problem - lots of playlist, no way to shuffle. The solution I figured out:

First select the playlist you want to run to in the Music icon and play with the shuffle icon

Then flip to the Fitness/Nike+ icon, (playlist should be playing/shuffling), set up your run and use "Now Playing" for your playlist.

Get running.

Not the most elegant way, but it works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2012 5:33 PM in response to jsnake72

I have been runiing with a 2nd gen Nano and Nike+ for 5 years. I recently upgraded to a 6th gen Nano and had experienced the same annoying problem - lots of playlist, no way to shuffle. The solution I figured out:

First select the playlist you want to run to in the Music icon and play with the shuffle icon

Then flip to the Fitness/Nike+ icon, (playlist should be playing/shuffling), set up your run and use "Now Playing" for your playlist.

Get running.

Not the most elegant way, but it works.

May 24, 2012 5:32 PM in response to jsnake72

Glad it helped. As I said, not tthe best way, but it works. On my old Gen-2 Nano, you could select "shuffle songs" in the settings menu, and all your playlists would shuffle. Now, it's not an option in the settings, and I would say that it is not likely to return, since this option is lacking when playing music and using nike+ on an iphone with iOS, and the new Nanos are sort of mini iOS devices now.

Shuffling a playlist during a Nike+ workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.