Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't download songs, stuck waiting...

I have purchased songs from iTunes on my iPhone 4 and some have downloaded but some are stuck in "Downloads" only "waiting...". I have reset, logged out, and everything else I could think to do and also searched yet I still cannot fix the issue. I had a similar problem before updating to iOS 5 where it would download a song but then would be "processing..." until disappearing from the queue. I can play the song while it is in the queue and it displays a circle with a square in the center much like the preview button in iTunes. Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:26 AM

Hi ..

I see you tried a "reset" but if you didn't try resetting network settings, try that.

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Then restart the device.

Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off. After it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2012 2:26 AM in response to Armey23

Hi ..

I see you tried a "reset" but if you didn't try resetting network settings, try that.

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Then restart the device.

Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off. After it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Dec 29, 2012 10:44 AM in response to Armey23

I had this problem as well. Tapping the pause/unpause button didn't work. What I did to fix it was to go run the music app, scroll down to the song that was causing the error and tap on it. The song had an icon indicating that it was downloading or something. When I clicked on it, at first it brought it up along with the artwork. I hit back, clicked a few more times on it, same thing. Then I clicked on that icon I just mentioned and the song disappeared. Went back to iTunes on my phone and noticed that it was no longer stuck pending! Redownloading then worked. This was on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.

iPhone won't download songs, stuck waiting...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.