Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Calendar editing defaults to Cupertino time zone

When I go to edit a calendar entry on my iPad of an event that I created previously in Outlook on my work PC, the time zone becomes Cupertino, CA during the calendar event editing process. I live in the Chicago (Central) time zone so the calendar event is moving back two hours when I go to edit any detail of the calendar entry on my iPad. Yet when the calendar event entry is created on the iPad, it always remains in the Chicago time zone even during editing of the event details. Has anyone else run into this and have found a fix for this? Thanks.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 8:25 PM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2013 8:01 AM in response to Bonesaw1962

I have two iPhones, a 4 and and 4S. The 4 is my personal iPhone, the 4S is for business. When I create a new calendar item in my 4 the default time zone in the Add Event dialog is ALWAYS Cupertino. Both phones are set to Timezone = Set Automatically and return New York (I'm in Charlotte, NC). When I set the time of an event in the calendar on the 4 I set it with the local time zone start and end time. But when it is saved it reverts to Cupertino time. Fortunately, the reminders pop up correctly for my local time. My issue is that the same process done on the 4S saves the start and end time of the event as local time NOT Cupertino. Why does the 4 iphone behave this way. It is super frustrating.

iPad Calendar editing defaults to Cupertino time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.