Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing .band files between ipads?

Hi all,

I have seen comments regarding not being able to share from Mac GB to iPad GB, bur is it possible to share .band files between IOS equipment eg two iPads or an iPad and iPhone? I have tried beginning a song on my iPhone, then sharing to iTunes in a .band file (which actually saves a few folders and files to a folder on my PC). Then on trying to "add" a file to my iPad in iTunes, but there is no ".band" file that I can see, just the folder and it's contents.

I realise I could save the individual tracks as aif files and load them into a new song, but this kinda defeats the purpose of being able to share a song file with a mate for both of us to work on in midi format....

Am I missing something here?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 8:02 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2012 2:01 PM in response to eenymason

It should be possible using the File Sharing system, but currently only using a Mac. You can export a .Band project and copy it to a PC using file sharing but what you get is a folder. There is no proper way to copy that folder back into the iPad, or a different one. I have heard tales of success using tools like iExplorer to mess around in the device's file system but I've not tried that myself.

tt2

sharing .band files between ipads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.