Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web browsing on Apple TV?

Hi all, is there any way to web browse on Apple tv? Does apple have any plans to add safari to apple tv? I think it should be done it would be a fantastic feature. And would make apple even cooler.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 5:23 AM

6 replies

Mar 22, 2012 7:58 AM in response to tranchulla

I know this doesn't address your suggestion, but you could browse on your iPhone or iPad (assuming you have one or both) and then mirror the content to the Apple TV.

Considering that fact that Apple TV has no keyboard, I doubt this will be a stand-alone feature they will bring to Apple TV at any point in the foreseeable future. It could be done as part of a combo with an iPhone/iPad serving as an input device/keyboard. I imagine that would be possible now, but it wouldn't offer much advantage over browsing on your iPad/iPhone and mirroring.

Aug 9, 2012 6:48 PM in response to tranchulla

The iPad makes a great keyboard to use with AppleTV today. I do not understand why Apple has not added a browser. It would make the AppleTV very attractive. For those with no iPad or iPhone why not permit a Mac or PC to act as a WiFi keyboard? From what I see, web browsing on the big screen is in demand today.

Web browsing on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.