Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Syncing - iPhoto (iOS) vs. Aperture (Mac)

Wasn't quite sure where this question should be mapped... so I created a new one.

Currently using Aperture on my MBP, and I set the iOS syncing rule to get the photo from Aperture libraries... Also, thinking about getting iPhoto on my iOS devices. Would iPhoto somehow affect this syncing rule?? Should I be concerned about this? Or syncing is comepletely separate from having iPhoto on my iOS devices? Just to make sure before I purchase the app and mess this up.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 12:36 AM

Greetings,

iPhoto for iOS only looks at the images you sync from your computer to your iOS device. It does not have the ability to alter the images / file structure in any way that will feed back into Aperture.

Should you make an edit to an image in iPhoto for iOS you will need to share the image to your devices camera roll. This will make the image show up in Aperture as an item to be imported (just as if you had taken a picture with the camera).

Hope that helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2012 12:36 AM in response to Wooky

Greetings,

iPhoto for iOS only looks at the images you sync from your computer to your iOS device. It does not have the ability to alter the images / file structure in any way that will feed back into Aperture.

Should you make an edit to an image in iPhoto for iOS you will need to share the image to your devices camera roll. This will make the image show up in Aperture as an item to be imported (just as if you had taken a picture with the camera).

Hope that helps.

Photo Syncing - iPhoto (iOS) vs. Aperture (Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.