Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Real problem after changing a setting (please read!!!)

Hi all,

This is the situation:

A UBEE wifi modem from my cable provider.

On the Ubee i connected my Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS) via UTP, and have set it to bridge mode.

On the AEBS I have an Airport Express connected (via UTP) to extend my WiFi coverage.

For the last few months this worked like a charm.

Today I changed the setting on my Express not to create a network (a default setting), but to extend the network from my AEBS (the AEBS was always creating a network).

And now, both my AEBS and Express can not be found anymore, resulting in no network and no internet.

I disconnected the Express, but still the AEBS can't be found.

I did a factory reset on the AEBS, but again, the AEBS can not be found.

The problem is that I cannot connect the AEBS directly to the internet because of the UBEE wifi modem wich has default settings (meaning I didn't change them), and the AEBS must be used in Bridge mode to function properly.

Please can someone please help me to get everything work again.

I have both version 6 and 5.6 of Airport Utility.

Desktop, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iMac 24" (2009 model) 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Memory

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 8:45 AM

I fixed the problem myself by resetting both the AEBS and the AExpress to their factory defaults. Strangely though that the latest version of Airport Utility didn't recognize either one of them, but luckily the Airport Utility 5.6 did.

So I recongigured first the AEBS, and when that worked as I wanted it to, I configured the Express.

And everything is now up and running like a charm.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Toon61

I fixed the problem myself by resetting both the AEBS and the AExpress to their factory defaults. Strangely though that the latest version of Airport Utility didn't recognize either one of them, but luckily the Airport Utility 5.6 did.

So I recongigured first the AEBS, and when that worked as I wanted it to, I configured the Express.

And everything is now up and running like a charm.

Real problem after changing a setting (please read!!!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.