Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting my Macbook Pro to my Samsung TV's HDMI Port

I'm running a Macbook Pro 4 (Year '09-'10) w/ a Intel Core 2 Duo, Speed 2.4 GHz. I've a Samsung 720 HD TV and am wondering if there is a way to play video directly from my Macbook Pro to my TV's HDMI port? Is there a USB to HDMI? Something else?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:20 AM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2012 12:19 PM in response to mariella_

Hi, as a matter of fact there is such a thing...

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/VIDU2DVIA/

Features

Works on PC and Intel Mac models

Lossless compression

LCD, CRT, projector displays

Connect one extra monitor per adapter to your desktop or laptop's USB port!

Configure connected monitors to either clone your primary screen, or extend the desktop allowing visibility of more applications at the same time!

Display Modes:

Can easily Mirror the main display

Extend left, right, above, or below

Can be rotated left, right, or upside-down

Windows Vista & 7 Aero support

Windows XP and Vista 32-bit support

Standard and Widescreen ratio aspects

High-Performance DDR memory

Completely silent operation

Uses very little computer resources and offers a vast array of screen resolutions and color depths ensuring little performance difference between a screen directly connected or via USB 2.0

Supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1152 including SDTV/HDTV resolutions: 480i/p (640x480), 720p (1280x720), 1080i/p (1920x1080)

There may also be an Apple adapter, but they change Video ports more often than I can keep track of. 😉

Connecting my Macbook Pro to my Samsung TV's HDMI Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.