Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you know about GUS II compatibility?

Eager to have an external GPU that works with my MacBook Air. I've read that MSI is developing the GUS II. It hasn't been released obviously, but I want to know your opinion about Apple supporting it; its benefits and limitations.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Intel1.8i7; Intel HD 3000; 4GB RAM

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:30 AM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2012 11:37 AM in response to danielf90

It's impossible to discuss the product intelligently since it's not shipping yet and MSI hasn't said anything further that I can find since the annoucement of the product at the CES in January. I don't believe they've even officially said that it will work with Mac OS X; they showed it only with Windows. We'll need to wait until it's available before anyone can offer more than guesswork based on what MSI has released in the way of information.

Apple won't themselves support it at all, any more than they provide official support for any third-party product.

Regards.

Sep 19, 2013 11:50 AM in response to joshuafromwaterford

A year and a half later from the original question here, it still appears not to be shipping and I can find no further mention of the product from MSI. A post on their forum from August 2013 quoted a supposed MSI sales representative saying that the product "did not meet our production criteria to launch to market as a viable product". So it would appear that MSI has dropped any further development.

Regards.

What do you know about GUS II compatibility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.