Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i copy playlists from iPod to iTunes library on laptop

laptop crashed, reinstalled everything inc. iTunes. my Library is on external hard drive and copied it to iTunes on laptop but only music came over not playlists. Playlists are still on the iPod. Can I copy the Playlists on the iPod to the laptop?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:44 AM

6 replies

Mar 23, 2012 12:10 PM in response to planb77

Thank you but after reading through lots of messages yesterday I did manage to get my music and playlists to appear on iTunes on my laptop. My joy was short-lived as all the music had a exclamation mark against it which apparently means the files are not available or deleted. So I think I need to transfer everything from my iPod to my laptop to get the music back ??

Mar 24, 2012 11:16 AM in response to planb77

Having been going round in circles for the last few days, I opened up iTunes and I seem to have an earlier version of my library PLUS playlists (and no exclamation marks). However iTunes on my laptop is now not the same as the content on my iPod. There are playlists on the iPod that I would like to transfer to iTunes. Is the only way to do this by buying software for this purpose?

can i copy playlists from iPod to iTunes library on laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.