Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake.

I wanted email notifications for a specific discussion. When I got said email notification and clicked the 'View the full discussion' link, this is what came up instead of the discussion I was trying to follow:

It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake.

That's funny because how am I supposed to contact 'my' administrator? I didn't even know I had one, lol! Can anyone help out a poor soul here?

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 3:00 PM

That means that the hosts here have decided for whatever reason to pull the discussion.

It is no longer available to read.

28 replies

Mar 26, 2012 12:58 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

This just happened to me.

I was trying to find a way to delete 3 negative posts on the Apple discussion boards that didn't belong to me but were posted using my Apple ID. There was a woman in the UK who offered to help. Then, all of a sudden, I got this error message:

"It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake."

Not sure why my inquiry would be pulled, but I'm left without any assistance and my negative posts will continue to live on Apple's discussions boards. Not what I had wanted, but I guess I am rendered helpless in my efforts.

Mar 26, 2012 1:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hello Meg St._Clair! Actually, my discussion asking for help on deleting previous posts was "deleted", however, the negative posts in question still remain active. I have no issues leaving them up there, but would rather remove the negaitve feedback against Apple which do not reflect my own personal experience. Long story short, I lent my Apple ID to my cousin in order for him to access the discussions pages for help. Apparently, he had posted some negative feedback using my Apple ID, which I discovered only a few days ago. Since then, I've been trying to delete them with no luck. My cousin has since apologized for actually posting reviews under my Apple ID, but I supose the damage is done and can't be reversed. I thoroughly enjoy Apple products and use them in every aspect of my personal and professional life. Hate that my Apple ID contains false negative press.

Apr 24, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Britsoul

The originator of the thread is usually given an explanation as to why the thread was removed. No other poster in a thread will receive a notification.

As to "your administrator", that's a canned message produced by Jive, the forum software Apple uses. The "administrators" are the Communities Hosts and sysops, who can be reached in some cases through this forum, though in cases of a thread removal they again will usually only provide information to the person who originated the thread, and not always then if the problem was not with that person. With thousands of posts to have to manage, they sometimes just take the quick route and just delete a thread without notification to anyone.

In general if a post of yours disappears, it's best to just accept it and move on. But if the removal seems unfair and the issue is pressing, you can try posting here and asking a Host for an explanation, if no email is sent to you. No guarantees, but as you can see from Zach's reply from last year, they sometimes do provide one.

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.