Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My late 2007 Macbook (Lion 10.7.3 OS)successfully completed the partitioning part of bootcamp, but when it restarted, I could not chose the boot type when booting from my Windows 7 DVD. How can I change my startup disk outside of the GUI?

My late 2007 Macbook (Lion 10.7.3 OS)successfully completed the partitioning part of bootcamp, but when it restarted, I could not chose the boot type when booting from my Windows 7 DVD. How can I change my startup disk outside of the GUI? The operating system doesn't boot, and it still thinks it's trying to set up the windows partition.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:23 PM

Restart and right as you hear the chime press and hold down the OPTION button until the boot manager appears. You can then select which volume to boot.

2 replies

My late 2007 Macbook (Lion 10.7.3 OS)successfully completed the partitioning part of bootcamp, but when it restarted, I could not chose the boot type when booting from my Windows 7 DVD. How can I change my startup disk outside of the GUI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.