Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know "what version" of Word that Pages exports to?

I have a business need to know what version of Word Pages exports as? It doesn't state anywhere and I am assuming if it is not a .docx it must be an older version. Any clue or ideas?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 5:59 AM

Pages 4.1 (latest version) exports Word documents with a .doc file extension.

The Finder's Get Info window reports the Word document to be a "Microsoft Word 97 - 2004 document".

When I open the exported Wod document with Word 2011 it also says it's a "type" of "Microsoft Word 97 - 2004 document". Running Word's Compatibility Check says it's compatible with Word 97-2011 (though this document is very simple)

NB Earlier versions of Pages might export to a different Word format.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2012 5:59 AM in response to Georgayne

Pages 4.1 (latest version) exports Word documents with a .doc file extension.

The Finder's Get Info window reports the Word document to be a "Microsoft Word 97 - 2004 document".

When I open the exported Wod document with Word 2011 it also says it's a "type" of "Microsoft Word 97 - 2004 document". Running Word's Compatibility Check says it's compatible with Word 97-2011 (though this document is very simple)

NB Earlier versions of Pages might export to a different Word format.

Anyone know "what version" of Word that Pages exports to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.