Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad User Guide

I wish I had the patience to reply to EVERYONE with basic questions like: 'how do I...' and 'I can't figure out how to...' and 'where do I find...' that downloading the "iPad User Guide" in iBooks or using the "iPad User Guide" bookmark in Safari and TAKE TIME TO REFERENCE FROM IT would be quicker and less stressful than waiting for someone to answer on a forum. Besides, basic user questions don't usually even get answered that I've noticed.

IPAD USER GUIDE....it's a wonderful thing, you can read it in your spare time, reference from it at ANY time and get answers AND learn new things from it!!!!!

I really don't mean to be sarcastic, because I know everyone isn't a rocket scientist, but again: IPAD USER GUIDE.....

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1, White

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 3:47 PM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2012 4:02 PM in response to Demo

Sorry Demo, you are absolutely right. Although as a new and inexperienced iPad user with NO previous experience than the last 5 days, I have no clue how to post a link in a discussion (she says while surreptously peeking at the User Guide, lol).

I will learn. And I will put my money where my mouth is, as they say.

Thank you.

Mar 22, 2012 4:17 PM in response to katinak67

The iPad isn't necessarily the best way to participate in the Apple discussion forums as it isn't exactly compatible with the software Apple uses to host the groups.

That being said, quite a lot of info is available for participating in the forums. For example here is a link to the list of tutorials:

https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/index.html

Mar 22, 2012 4:23 PM in response to katinak67

The way that you can post a link to a website is ....

Navigate to the website.

Tap and hold down on the web address in the URL field until the magnifying glass appears and then release your finger from the screen

Tap on - Select All from the pop up

Then - Select - Copy - from the next pop up.

Go back to wherever you want to past the link

Tap and hold down in the text field until the magnifying glass appears and then release your finger from the screen.

Select - Paste - from the next pop up.

The link will appear in the post. 😉

iPad User Guide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.