Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

price of ipad 3 with contract???, price of ipad 3 with contract???, price of ipad 3 with contract???

price of ipad 3 with contract???

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 7:56 PM

11 replies

Mar 23, 2012 6:21 AM in response to saurav19

You pay the advertised price for the pad. A Wi-Fi only iPad has no other costs except those associated with having a Wi-Fi network at your home. If you buy a 4G iPad you can set up a data account to get Internet access when Wi-Fi is not available. The cost of a data account varies. For my Verizon account on my iPad 3G I get 1 GB of data in a month for $20. I can change that account to increase the amount of data or stop the account any time by going to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Network on my iPad.

Mar 23, 2012 7:40 AM in response to saurav19

saurav19 wrote:

is there any contract or not on buying ipad 3?? price is only $499 or some contract we have to pay???

There is no contract purchase price on the iPad. Other devices are sold "with 2 year contract" price at a reduced price from the "no contract" price..........but if you think about it, by the time your 2 year contract is up, I think you probably spent way more money for that device.

I understand what you're asking............the price "with a 2 year contract" versus the price "without a contract" thing does not exist with the iPad (is this something new? I thought it used to, but maybe I'm confused).

Mar 23, 2012 7:50 AM in response to BeachCatFan

BeachCatFan wrote:

saurav19 wrote:

is there any contract or not on buying ipad 3?? price is only $499 or some contract we have to pay???

There is no contract purchase price on the iPad. Other devices are sold "with 2 year contract" price at a reduced price from the "no contract" price..........but if you think about it, by the time your 2 year contract is up, I think you probably spent way more money for that device.

I understand what you're asking............the price "with a 2 year contract" versus the price "without a contract" thing does not exist with the iPad (is this something new? I thought it used to, but maybe I'm confused).

No, that has never been an option with the iPad.

Mar 23, 2012 7:51 AM in response to BeachCatFan

BeachCatFan wrote:

Never for the iPad in the US - the contract has always been an add-on, and has nothing to do with the sales price. The iPhone does have a cheaper "with contract" than "without contract" price.

Mar 23, 2012 9:52 AM in response to PogoPossum

PogoPossum wrote:

BeachCatFan wrote:

Never for the iPad in the US - the contract has always been an add-on, and has nothing to do with the sales price. The iPhone does have a cheaper "with contract" than "without contract" price.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I spent so much time in the past checking out devices and the associated costs that I couldn't really remember. I didn't even bother to check once I knew I wanted to pre-order my new iPad (my first) and have the 4G LTE option, just in case I ever needed it, because I knew I was not interested in getting involved in a contract. My phone contract is enough..LOL

price of ipad 3 with contract???, price of ipad 3 with contract???, price of ipad 3 with contract???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.