Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes library podcast

Importing podcast they go into the music. These are mp3 files. How can I make them show up in podcast. Also how can I make mp3 them show up in audiobook? I am also using 10.6.8

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:06 PM

7 replies

Mar 23, 2012 12:35 AM in response to darryl-1

Podcasts will only appear in the 'Podcasts' section if you subscribe to a podcast feed, either from the button on the Store page for the podcast, or by entering the feed URL in 'Subscribe to Podcast' in the 'Advanced' menu.

It sounds as if you have been downloading episodes directly ffrom a web page: these will go into the Music secdtion as there is nothing to show they are podcast files.

You can move them to the Podcasts section by selecting a file, hittinhg command-info, selecting the 'Options' tab and setting 'Media Kind' to 'Podcast' - however each file will appear as an untitled podcast containing just one episode.

I've no experience of audiobooks but I imagine you can perform the same process, selecting 'Audiobooks'.

Mar 23, 2012 9:05 AM in response to darryl-1

darryl-1 wrote:

I did change the media but it still not moving. Is there something like that on importing into itunes?

You mean on podcasts? If it doesn't move them - it does for me - I don't know why that should be. The problem is that if they are juste mp3 files iTunes has no way of knowing they're part of a podcast - it only recognizes a podcast when it sees a feed. Can you not subscribe to the feed(s) for the podcast(s) in question? - that would make thinks a lot tidier,

Itunes library podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.