Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari issues

does anybody have safari issues like not responding to links

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 12:42 AM

12 replies

Mar 23, 2012 7:38 AM in response to rednose22

I am seeing some troublesome issues with Safari lately. One that has come up has been a failure to load web forms properly, showing only blank, inaccessable fields (at Miblood.org - https://donate.miblood.org/portal/). I contacted the web master & he was able to get this work without problem, also using Mac (OS unknown, Safari version unknown (mine's up to date)). I had to go to Opera to use the forms. This issue isn't totally new to me. I have seen other web pages for user forums that would not load properly.

NOW - I am experiencing problems with Safari when trying to fill in dates on calendar fields, with financial institutions like CUs and private businesses. The calendar mini-window pops out but shows incorrect information, like the current month being January (same for all other months!) and all days showing as Sunday. Then nothing will work to satisfy the form.

I have reset Safari & cleared the cache, checked settings for Java & so forth. Nothing stands out as a possible cause/explanation. (Not that I would really know!)

Lately, I've been thinking how my Mac experience is starting to resemble the Windows problems that I thought I left behind.

Mar 23, 2012 10:49 AM in response to Thlayle

I did find the solution -at least for my case-

Please, read the following link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3801881?answerId=17934947022#17934947022

All you have to do is to uncheck the 32 bit mode at Safari by going to the App folder, mark Safari and do "Cmd i". At the infomration window uncheck 32 bit mode, leaving by default 64 bit mode

It worked out for me. Now I can reach access to the link specified early this morning.

Cheers

safari issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.