Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy apple MacBook pro from whole sellers as they are a lot cheaper ?

One guy was giving a MacBook pro 15 inch for $500 should I go for it ?

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:27 AM

35 replies

Mar 23, 2012 7:43 AM in response to aashir.ali12

I don't think you should by it from him..

$500?? Sounds to good to be true as BobTheFisherman says..
Is it the new mac? Not one of the 1rd generation? 😉

Never tried to buy anything from a vendor/seller like this so I can't talk from own experience..
But $500.. That's MUCH cheaper than Apple, so maybe it's a copy?.. Ask him if you could see the bill, so you know it's not stolen. Or, he can actually just show you a fake bill, like from one of his friend or something..

But anyway, my opinion (:

Hope you find ou, Wonderclover

Mar 23, 2012 7:59 AM in response to aashir.ali12

aashir.ali12 wrote:

He is a whole seller from uk and he has sent me great pics of the laptop and he says that is is an original apple product

Sounds like a scam if he's claiming to be a wholesaler, $500 is too low for a new Mac.

Perhaps it's a used machine, broken on the inside or the pics are not what your going to recieve, still a scam. IMO.

If your buying this off eBay, use Escrow.com

https://www.escrow.com/index.asp

What you can do here is send your money to Escrow.com, get the product and check it out, if it's fine then you release the money.

Escrow.com works with both parties to ensure a safe transaction and you get what your supposed to get.

Of course there could be a scam where they send you the $500 machine, then you return it and they claim you broke it, doubt they would bother to make a courts claim but it's possible, so you should add postal insurance for damage both ways.

Download the free MacTracker and check the claims of the machine your going to recieve with it's value on this site.

http://www.gadgetvalue.com/

Mar 23, 2012 7:57 AM in response to aashir.ali12

No authorized reseller of Apple products can offer substantially lower prices on new products. That's why you'll typically see similar pricing on Apple products regardless of which authorized reseller you buy them from (there's sometimes up to a $50 U.S. difference... but that's about it).

There is no way someone can sell you a new MacBook Pro for $500 unless they are just so nice that they're willing to sell it to you at a $500 loss.

If it's used... then it's hard to say what it may be worth without knowing the specifics (condition/model/etc).

Mar 23, 2012 12:14 PM in response to aashir.ali12

so this guy is saying that he will do a 50 50 payment like i have to pay 50% before shipping and when i receive the macbook i will pay the remaining 50%

As has already been said, if this is supposed to be a brand new machine, it is 100% guaranteed to be a scam. You cannot get a brand new MacBook of any kind for $500.

If this is an old, used MacBook, the only way to know what it's worth would be to know the specs, and even then you're trusting the seller that it is what he says it is. When buying a used machine from someone online, you must be prepared to lose 100% of your investment.

If you want us to tell you if he's a legit Apple reseller, tell us who it is.

Can I buy apple MacBook pro from whole sellers as they are a lot cheaper ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.