Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts stuck in groups

I cannot get to my contacts. The contacts screen on my i-phone is stuck on a blank 'groups' page. The only key available to push is the circular refresh arrow.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 2:31 PM

18 replies

Mar 23, 2012 4:50 PM in response to hilgersharpe

When you double-tap the home button you will see a list of recently used apps appear at the bottom of the phone. Swipe this list with your finger until you see the icon for Contacts (see photo below). Tap this icon and hold it until it wiggles, then tap the red minus sign that appears on the corner, finish by tapping the home button once. After doing this, reset your phone as before.

User uploaded file

Mar 23, 2012 4:59 PM in response to randers4

Thanks for your quick response to help!

I was able to complete all those steps. But, to be sure; when I reset the phone and the red power off pops up, I just wait until that page returns to normal on my phone, yes?

If that's the case, I completed all the steps, and upon returning to the phone icon and into contacts, it's still blank.

Hmmmmm...

Sep 24, 2012 10:34 AM in response to hilgersharpe

Though you have your solution, I offer this alternative for those searching this same issue - including my future self as I seem prone to doing this then forgetting how I fixed it 😝:

When stuck in Groups, go back to the Home screen then right-swipe to open Search. (Do not use Search within Contact Groups.) Type in a known, existing contact and select it when it is displayed. It will take you to the Contact Info for that contact. In the upper left-hand corner you'll see All Contacts. Select that and it will take you back to your contacts.

contacts stuck in groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.