Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can it be plugged into a car

i was wondering if the Airport can be plugged into a car jack

i need to have wireless in my car im going on a long trip w/ my family

help

Airport-OTHER

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 4:47 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2012 5:47 AM in response to firestar667

While some vehicles provide 110 volt outlets, most do not. To do that you need what is called an inverter. An inverter changes DC current (12 volts in this case) to AC 110 volts. You need an inverter that can supply an adequate amperage for whatever device you need to run or charge. The inverter will have one or two outlets for plugging in common household devices.

In my car (a Honda CR-V) I have a two outlet inverter plugged into the car's accessory outlet in the rear cargo area. From there I've run a heavy extension cord along the floor, under floor mats, to the front. From that I can plug in chargers or any passenger could plug in their notebook, etc.

The question you will need to answer in case of your AirPort, however, is how will you connect the AirPort to the Internet? The AirPort has no native modem to access an ISP. If you have a cellular device with hotspot capability, or a satellite dish with Internet service, or are parked where you can connect to an ISP modem such as , WiMax, DSL or cable, and can connect one of those to your AirPort, you will be OK.

can it be plugged into a car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.