Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The address bar and search bar in the tool bar of safari won't stay there after i drag it back up., The address bar and search bar in the tool bar of safari won't stay there after i drag it back up.

My mouse went all funny for a few minutes then it stopped and nmy adress bar/search bar in the topof Safari disappeared. Then i tried to customize it and it popps back up until i click "done" then it diappears again. please help! going to goole just to get to a site is very annoying!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 6:35 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2012 7:13 PM in response to claudea13

Hi...

Try troubleshooting Safari preferenceds (.plist)

Quit Safari.

Now go to ~/Library/Preferences

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.

Launch Safari. Click View > Customize Toolbar

If that worked, move the .plist file to the Trash. If not, move it back to the Preferences folder

If not, go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Try again.

edited by: cs

The address bar and search bar in the tool bar of safari won't stay there after i drag it back up., The address bar and search bar in the tool bar of safari won't stay there after i drag it back up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.