Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External mic for iPad 3

I've been searching and googling this question but all responses I've seen relate to the mic being used with Garage Band or an app. I want to record with the Camera app in video mode. I've tried a cheap mic with the USB connector kit and the sound was poor, I think it was the mic tho, and am now playing with the iRig mic but the sound is super low, I don't know if the mic is defective or what? Anyone have a suggestion for an external mic to use for shooting videos?

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 8:18 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2012 1:51 PM in response to Blue gal

I think you just answered the USB option question I've been researching. We found the iRig mic is sketchy. sounds good for spoken voice when they work. We've been using them for a mass messaging campaign and they keep breaking (if they worked out of the box to start with). We've yet to find anything better. We need a mic with that street interview look that we can put a mic flag on.

External mic for iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.