Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is a NIGHTMARE with Outlook

This is an utter nightmare with i Cloud and Outlook..........I just want to get back to my original Outlook back Question when it is so simple to set up..........why is it so complicated to revert back?

Gosh if anyone has a step to step guide I would love to know. I have spent an age trying to figure out what everyone is saying and it seems to me it's all trial and errors and heaps of wasted time. I wish I never pressed the buttonst into i Cloud. Anyone please need to get my systems back on track. 😕

iPhone 4S, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 8:09 PM

25 replies

Mar 24, 2012 11:58 AM in response to Aoife2

As far as I understand you needed to make a backup of your outlook data before you installed iCloud. Not sure if you can revert back if you don't have this.

Start by uninstalling iCloud and see if it puts your data back or not. If not and you still have problems opening or accessing outlook remove and reinstall that.

I'm the same, its been nothing but a nightmare (I have a backup to revert to tho)

:)

Mar 24, 2012 7:37 PM in response to Aoife2

Aoife2 wrote:

This is an utter nightmare with i Cloud and Outlook..........I just want to get back to my original Outlook back Question when it is so simple to set up..........why is it so complicated to revert back?

Gosh if anyone has a step to step guide I would love to know. I have spent an age trying to figure out what everyone is saying and it seems to me it's all trial and errors and heaps of wasted time. I wish I never pressed the buttonst into i Cloud. Anyone please need to get my systems back on track. 😕

Use Outlooks archive command to save your iCloud data locally, then sign out of iCloud in the Windows Control Panel, then restore the archived data to Outlooks local folders (personal folders)

Mar 25, 2012 7:20 PM in response to Aoife2

Well I am making progress. When you say Outlook Archive is it just a matter of ticking the box? Once you sign out of iCloud in the Window Control Panel it asks do you want to keep a copy? Do you press delete or keep a copy.

I have done everything you have said it's a huge improvement iCloud is gone but I seem to have ended up with a extra calender that is holding my info. How do I get this into the Main Persoral Folder. I have tried to drag it but this doesn't work.

Mar 26, 2012 2:11 PM in response to Aoife2

When I uninstalled iCloud it seemed to restore my data back to the regular outlook calendars etc.

So now I have iCloud calendars under my outlook calendars tab (popping up an error on click because of course iCloud is no longer present on my machine), and all my info that WAS in the iCloud calendar is now back where it belongs in the default outlook calendars.

I now just need to figure out how to remove the iCloud calendars from outlook. So if you have any ideas lol....

Mar 26, 2012 5:30 PM in response to Csound1

Thanks Csound1 - For anyone else wondering; you have to right click iCloud under the MAIL tab, not calendars as the remove/delete option is not available (or rather disabled) under the calendars tab.

In the Mail tab, under your main inbox and personal folders right click the iCloud folder and select remove.

And iCloud is relinquished :)

Nov 14, 2012 9:18 PM in response to notacloudfan

Open the Outlook Accounts. (Outlook 2010, click on Account Settings, click on the Data Files tab, remove the iClould data file.

This will remove the email and calendar. I didn't notice any change with my contacts; however, I using an Exchange Active Sync connection - so all of my contacts are located in my "Exchange Server".

Good luck!

-Kevin

Apr 16, 2014 8:53 PM in response to Aoife2

It has been my experieence that its a nightmare iCloud trying to work with Outlook, I have lost ALL of my calandar data having to manually enter the appointments that were lost, very disappointed in the iCloud experience with Outlook. I should of left things as they were it was working fine.

If anyone has any ideas on how to restablish my calendar and contacts please let me know.

iCloud is a NIGHTMARE with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.