As of tonight, my iPhone 4's calendar will not merge to my iMac. The Mac with push to the phone, but not the other way around. I know for a fact that the "correct" calendar is the one on the iPhone (lucky this week I know that!), so I'd like a way to over-write the computer version with the iPhone.
So, problems to solve:
(1) Tell me how to reset the sync history in the newest version of iTunes
(2) Tell me how to over-write data as described above (and pray it works the next time bi-directionally)
(3) Point me to a fix for the original non-sync problem that I haven't discovered yet.
Your help is GREATLY appreciated as I've spent WAY more time on this than intended already. 1 minute sync --> 4 hour issue.
[iPhone 4 with 5.1 and Calendar; iMac with 10.6.8 and iCal 4.0.4]
That should have done it. Failing that article we'll reset sync services manually.
IMPORTANT: If you haven't already backed up your data as mentioned previously, do so before continuing.
- SafeBoot your computer as described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455
- Login to your user account while in SafeBoot
- Remove the following files to the trash:
- Macintosh HD > Library > Caches (all the contents of this folder but not the folder itself)
- Home > Library > Application Support > Sync Services (move the entire folder to the trash)
- Note: To get to the Home Library, hold down the option key on your keyboard and click on the "Go" menu at the top of the computer screen and look for "Library".
- Restart your computer to bring it out of SafeBoot
- Once your computer is back up and running, try syncing again. Make sure the option to sync calendars is still checked in iTunes for your iPhone.