Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photographers! App to put text into photos?

I have some pics that I want to put titles into/onto.

I am putting together a poster. The top of the poster has a picture. I want to put some text on top of/into the pic.

What is a SIMPLE and EASY TO USE app where I can open the pic and type in the text and do some formatting?

I do not want a 'template' app. The one's in pages don't work for this project.

Oh, I want it to be able to use the fonts I have. A program that gives me limited fonts is NOT going to work.

MAC OSX 10.6.8

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 2:30 AM

The free Apple app Preview that came with your computer can add text and edit/color correct images. Open the image in Preview and go to Help in the menu, Preview Help.

User uploaded file

Click on Annotate images and PDF documents and choose add text or a text bubble, follow the directions. To see how to edit images click on Edit Images.

If you have iPhoto installed (you need to buy it from the App Store) you can edit/color correct in that app too. To add text to a photo in iPhoto you need to download this free plug-in for iPhoto to be able to add text to an image.

BoarderFX

http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2012 2:30 AM in response to Banktank

The free Apple app Preview that came with your computer can add text and edit/color correct images. Open the image in Preview and go to Help in the menu, Preview Help.

User uploaded file

Click on Annotate images and PDF documents and choose add text or a text bubble, follow the directions. To see how to edit images click on Edit Images.

If you have iPhoto installed (you need to buy it from the App Store) you can edit/color correct in that app too. To add text to a photo in iPhoto you need to download this free plug-in for iPhoto to be able to add text to an image.

BoarderFX

http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

Mar 24, 2012 11:57 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Yes, I am backed up 9 ways to Sunday. Thanks.

This Mac has been nothing but a headache since I took it out of the box. I am going back to a PC as soon as humanly possible. They're no joy, but at least they work, have a logical operating system, and don't pretend to be something they aren't.

I did install and tried using iborderfx. It is a nice program but doing edits on a picture that is 4 x 6 isn't working for me. Could find no way to get it up to screen size (25" on my monitor).

Plus, I found that every click of my mouse took 30 seconds for the program to respond (I timed it) and while I so enjoy watching the fascinating pinwheel spin around and around, I actually need to get work done on this project, so I'm shipping it off to a graphic artist I know and letting them deal with the whole thing.

I'm so glad I have an Apple to help me with these creative projects!

Mar 24, 2012 12:55 PM in response to Banktank

While not every OS fits everyone's needs every OS should behave well. Your experience with the Mac is not typical and definitely isn't right.

If you're interested in trying to work out what the problem(s) are you should start a new thread detailing your hardware and software setup, what difficulties you've been having and what you have done to try and correct them.

Maybe nothing can be done but it is also possible that something relatively simple is keeping the Mac from performing as it should.

regards

Photographers! App to put text into photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.