Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to Restore iPad "____". This device is not elgible for the requested build."

Today, I finaly got my new iPad! Hurray! I was so excited! Until I booted it up. It came with iOS 4.3.5 which was fine becuase I knew I could update it, only I couldn't. Because when the iDevices go to install the new iOS, it basicly does a restore, iTunes would not let me update it and pulled up "Unable to restore the iPad "_______". This device is not elgible for the requested build." I tried restoring my iPhone, and it gave the same error, but or course said "iPhone" and not iPad. I decided, since AppleCare was closed, to drive over to my friends house and try updating there. And it worked! I tried restoring my iPhone and it worked fine too! When I got home, I tried deleting the firmware builds in iTunes and it didn't work. Rebooted the devices, didn't work. Tried EVERYTHING I could think of. Anything else I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 4.3.3, (5.1)

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 1:29 AM

Have a look at this link - http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help/ipad-iphone-isnt-eligible-for-the-requested-build/

3 replies

"Unable to Restore iPad "____". This device is not elgible for the requested build."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.