Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I add email account

Just got an Ipad3 and don't know how to add email account or use security lock. Thanks

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 5:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2012 6:01 AM in response to guidinglady

You can add an email account by connecting to your computer's iTunes, selecting the iPad on the left-hand side of iTunes and on the right-hand side use the Info tab to sync the account's settings from, for example, Outlook on your PC or Mail if using a Mac. Or you can add the account's details manually via Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

If terms of a security lock do you mean for the iPad as a whole ? You can't password protect the Mail app, but for the iPad you can set one via Settings > General > Passcode Lock - but if you do set one remember it, as the only way to remove the lock if you forget it is to restore the iPad via your computer's iTunes

If you havent got a copy then you can download the iPad manual from here : http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Jan 20, 2016 12:04 AM in response to guidinglady

Everyone has more than one email account, such as Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook and so on. But you will have a trouble about how to add them in the same iPad. As my experience, I want to share about adding email account on iPad. The steps follow as below:

Step 1. Tap "Settings" >"Mail, Contact, Calendar".

Step 2. You will see a window, and click "Add Account".

Step 3. Choose Email Appliction

Step 4. You can set up others e-mail Account on iPad 3, which e-mail account you want to add.

How to I add email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.