Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How add multiple effects?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use multiple effects?

Thanks

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 5:52 AM

10 replies

Mar 24, 2012 8:33 AM in response to mikkelnl

I'm assuming you want to make more than one change to a photo.

I do this by selecting the tool in the bottom bar then tapping on the gear icon on the bottom right. Once I make this change I tap on a second tool then tap the gear icon and make the changes forvthat tool. You can make more changes tha n just two. When I have the photo the way I want it I tap on a different photo thumbnail and the changes to the first photo will be saved. The small toolbox will show after a few seconds on the thumbnail of the photo you changes. Going back to that photo you will see small blue lights above the tools you used to edit the photo.

You can go back to those tools and use the Gear icon to remove the edit if you like.

Mar 26, 2012 6:25 PM in response to Ralph9430

EitherI don't understand the response, or multiple effects don't work for me either. Note that the original poster asked how to use multiple effects, not just multiple tools. For example, I wish to use the Aura special effect swatch, then switch to the Artistic swatch and pick the vignette effect. As soon as I do this, it resets the photo in order to apply the vignette effect and I totally lose the other effect that I applied earlier. I can even save my changes, leave iPhoto, come back into iPhoto and start editing again, but as soon as I apply the second effect, the first effect goes away.

May 3, 2012 12:44 PM in response to mikkelnl

Yes, this is a silly ommision...Since the "work-around" is to export the edited image, only to reselect it for further editing is a mistake that shouldn't have passed QC. If I do the above step, well, so can a script in the program, so this is really something that needs to be addressed in order for iPhoto to be taken more seriously. It only needs an extra icon for "Save Edit & Continue", or something to that effect. That would negate any hardware obstacle such as a memory issue that is preventing this task...I'm not a programmer but I am an expert when it comes to common sense which is what the foundation of programming should be.

May 3, 2012 1:33 PM in response to MoonCrabb

Keep in mind this iPhoto for iOS is still a very new application. History shows that new or rewritten applications from Apple have very minimal features and features are then added over time. Think of the rewritten iMovie in 09 or Final Cut X.

It's also possible that some of the more advanced features we know from iPhoto on the Mac may never make it to the iOS version.

There are a lot of people who are upset over missing features in iPhoto but give it time and it will improve. For now all we can do is use it as intended with the provided features or hold off using it until the app has matured.

How add multiple effects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.