Currently Being ModeratedMar 24, 2012 11:25 AM (in response to kolarik)
Do you need to erase more personal stuff, or just change the Password, or just need to add an account for the Son?
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2012 5:55 AM (in response to kolarik)
I need to change my keychain password. How do I accomplish this? Also, how do I erase my hard drive?
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2012 10:27 AM (in response to kolarik)
You can erase everything at once.
1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*
3. Click the Erase tab.
4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
5. Select your Mac OS X volume.
6. Highlight the drive, select Partition Tab, then Format type... MacOS Extended Journalled, select the Security Options button, choose Zero Out Data, Erase... after completion install a fresh OS.