Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner And Image Capture Problem

Hello All,

I thought I would start a new thread since my first one was answered. The old thread is at: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3777234?answerId=17757734022#17757734022

Well, I went a couple weeks ok with the Scanner and Image Capture. And then kaput, it doesn't work. I thought about it some and it seemed to stop working after I did Software Update on March 17th, 2012. In that update was a "Digital Camera Raw 3.1.0" update. Which makes me very suspicious.

Here is the error I get when I open Image Capture:

User uploaded file

So, it recognizes the scanner but can't do anything in Image Capture or the with the scanner buttons.

I ran Software Update again, just to see if there was a new updated scanner driver but nothing came up.

Any ideas? I really want to avoid using the manufacturer's SW drivers etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HD

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 4:27 PM

Check the scan lock button on the bottom of the scanner. If this is locked it will generate the message you show. Note also that if it is set to lock, after moving it to unlock, you will have to unplug the USB cable and reconnect so that the scanner to do its little startup routine.

If it is not the lock button then please reply.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2012 4:27 PM in response to DMerz

Check the scan lock button on the bottom of the scanner. If this is locked it will generate the message you show. Note also that if it is set to lock, after moving it to unlock, you will have to unplug the USB cable and reconnect so that the scanner to do its little startup routine.

If it is not the lock button then please reply.

Scanner And Image Capture Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.