Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I delete photos from iPhoto (ios)

The whole point of the app seems to be to edit and organize photos, so if I've taken the time to hide some number of photos, why can't I then delete these? Instead I have to go to the Photo app and delete them there, which doesnt show me any of the tagging or organizing I spent time on in iphoto... It should at least then show me "hidden" photos in Photo so I can delete them there, or let me delete from iphoto and it just removes it from Photo after, it seems pretty simple. Why has iphoto (ios) been limited in this way?

iPhoto iOS-OTHER, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 10:31 AM

12 replies

Jun 19, 2012 12:49 PM in response to adunn83

Adunn83 I agree, this needs to addressed by apple in the next update. You should be able to delete photos that are on the iPad camera roll from within iPhoto, end of discussion.

This stops the iPad being a pc replacement without this and iPhoto on the iPad was why I bought the largest iPad and not a mac, I'm not impressed and it should be a simple fix.

Does anyone know how we can let apple know to add this to the next update I tried to look how to email the developer but it just went thought to apple support and wanted to phone me. I just want to let the developers know its something customers want fixing, do the iphoto developers read this forum ?

Aug 1, 2012 2:46 PM in response to adunn83

If you are sure your photos are backed up, delete the iPhoto app from your iOS device and this will remove the hidden photos database. Upon reinstalling the app, you'll start with a clean slate (although it will probably import any new photos from the Photos app upon first launch, so clear that out before hand too). This does appear to be a bug (or forgotten feature) and this is the quickest work-around.

Why can't I delete photos from iPhoto (ios)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.