Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my songs are checked, but not everything will sync to my iPod. Why??

When I sync my iPod classic to my iTunes, it does not sync every song to my iPod even though everything is checked in the library. What should I do?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 2:17 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2012 8:04 PM in response to melaf0111

See this video tutorial.

http://support.apple.com/kb/VI72

Basically you need

1. In iTunes, click your iPod in the Devices list pane

2. Click the Music tab. on the right pane

3. Select the Sync music check box.

4. Click Apply. iTunes syncs the iPod using the new settings

Here is another article in syncing your iPod manually. (it's the same for iPod Touch or iPod classic)

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1679

Have a nice day!

Mar 25, 2012 6:26 AM in response to melaf0111

I need the following info to help,

1. Which version of iTunes are you using?
  2. What is the iPod software version that is shown on the iTunes Screen?

Select a song that did not sync, and sync again, what error does iTunes gives you?

But first enable the alert warning message in iTunes, if there are no alert when syncing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2527?viewlocale=en_US

Most likely, my first guess is that your song format is not compatible with your iPod model, although it can be played in iTunes, which mean you need to convert it to MP3, using iTunes, or AAC as most iPod Classic can run HE-AAC song format, due to the firmware and codec limitation.

Have a nice day.

Jun 15, 2012 2:41 PM in response to melaf0111

I am having a similar problem. Seems that the best way to get around Apple's BS is to go to iPod > Music tab and select Music. Then select Manually sync artists, playlists, albums or something like that. Then check all of the albums and playlists and artists you want. You can also try putting all of the music on a single playlist, and then syncing that playlist to your iPod. If it fails, sync again, and it will look for songs that aren't on your iPod and sync them. That's the best method I've found so far.

Sorry, no special fix just yet. I swear, I'm losing faith in Apple - the iPod Classic ended up being the absolute most worst sounding iPod, or even MP3 player, that I've ever heard. I've heard cheap chinese iPod knockoffs sound more fuller and less flat than that iPod. Took it back and bought a touch, and now I'm having problems syncing. Jesus Christ.

Jun 16, 2012 12:48 AM in response to melaf0111

Do you have any playlists? If so, I think for some reason the playlists may be causing the issue.

I had exactly the same issue (though for my iPhone) however I managed to get around it without blasting my iTunes music folder.

This is what I found:

• Initially in iTunes, I had "Entire music library" selected - I had songs that were missing.
  • First, I unselected "Sync Music" and then did a sync to clear out my iPhone.
  • After the sync to clear everything out, I went back to iTunes and reselected "Sync Music".
  • I then selected the "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres".
  • I then only selected everything in my "Genres". Reason being is that it was the shortest list. I also made sure all my songs were associated with a genre.
  • I also made sure none of my playlists were selected.
  • After the sync, I had all my music!

I hope that helps you and anyone else who had a similar problem.

Jun 6, 2016 1:49 AM in response to melaf0111

We had a similar problem with a playlist not getting all songs on the device. Turns out that some of the songs were not authorized, so we had to punch in some ancient iTunes accounts. After two of them added all of the songs made it over to the iPod. Best to check to see if the songs which don't copy can actually play on your PC/Mac.

All of my songs are checked, but not everything will sync to my iPod. Why??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.