Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't view data account

Whenever I try to view my cellular data account on my new iPad it prompts me to reprovision my device. I have done this, but I get the same reprovision notice when I type in my login information. I've spoken with Verizon and they told me to do what I'd been doing, but this didn't work either. Has anybody else had this problem?

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon), iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 3:28 PM

5 replies

Apr 5, 2012 4:23 AM in response to SCU Bronco

Turn off WiFi.

Turn on Cellular Data (optional).

Settings>General>Reset>Subscriber Services> select Reprovision Account

Hard reboot (Hold power button and home button until screen goes dark and Apple logo appears)

Wait.

Wait for it.

Once "Verizon" and radio bars appear on status bar, try View Account once more.

If this doesn't work, call Verizon Wireless and ask to speak to Pre-paid IPad dept.

Ciao

Jun 16, 2013 4:55 PM in response to SCU Bronco

Apple and Verizon really need to form a joint task force to resolve customers' technical problems that do not clearly fall to one company or the other such as I had with re-provisioning the Verizon account I use for cellular access on my iPAD mini. After 2 hours of trouble shooting on the phone - and finger pointing by both sides - the only thing resolved was my account with Verizon which in frustration I decided to cancel.

Oct 30, 2013 11:04 AM in response to SCU Bronco

I had an identical problem when the Apple store replaced my ipad mini this week. Symptoms were: Apple replaced my ipad, I kept the SIM card and LTE data seemed to work, but I could not access my cellular account details.

It took three trips to the verizon store, and several tech support calls, but it's finally working!

1) check your monthly verizon ipad plan payment email, find the "phone number" for your ipad, and go to a verizon mobilestore

2) get a new SIM card from the verizon support technitians, put it in your ipad (data won't work, but you should see 3G signal, not LTE)

3) Verizon support at the store will try (and fail repeatedly) to get this SIM card onto your account. (Their system doesn't allow this to work correctly for the prepaid data plans)

4) call verizon mobile tech support from the store with the store support people, give them the new SIM cards number, and your iPads IMEI -- they will connect both with your data account, and probably reset your accounts password

5) restart your device, wait for signal and reprovision your device again (this time it will work, and the signal will disappear/go to "searching"), wait for signal again, and restart your ipad again. You should see LTE again, and data/internet should work again.

6) go to settings > view account, and log into your account, with the reset password they email you

7) it will now ask you to update your password (do it)

8) you should see your account details again

9) check that data/internet/email works still... Restart your ipad and confirm, etc

10) rejoice, because holy crap it worked

Be persistent, and be patient. May the force be with you all!

Can't view data account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.