Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imap server mail.me.com no longer accepts my apple login credentials

Some time last week, the mail.me.com imap mail server no longer accepts my login credentials.

Is there a new imap server?

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 7:56 PM

14 replies

Mar 24, 2012 8:27 PM in response to JeffCMKRNL

JeffCMKRNL wrote:

Some time last week, the mail.me.com imap mail server no longer accepts my login credentials.

Is there a new imap server?

Depends, if you are still on Mobile Me that is the correct server, if however you moved to iCloud that is not the correct server.

So, iCloud or Mobile Me?

Pause to recognize which forum I am in 😊

Here are the correct mail settings for iCloud.

Mar 25, 2012 12:15 AM in response to JeffCMKRNL

If you posted your system and confirmed that your migrated to iCloud it would make it simpler to answer.

If you have migrated from MobileMe but have a pre-Lion Mac you will have to set Mail up manually to receive your iCloud email; then your @mac.com address will work.

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Tiger

Mar 25, 2012 7:12 AM in response to JeffCMKRNL

JeffCMKRNL wrote:

I just want to get my email working again.

I do not care if it is cloud or not.

When I try to get my web mail it sends me to cloud.com.

I didn't change things, it looks like apple did.

I still need to use my original email address <myname>@mac.com.

I never used .me.com

You may not care what email system you have, but in order for anyone to help we need to know.

Mar 25, 2012 10:43 AM in response to Csound1

I appreciate everyone's input, but I'm sorry, I do not know how to answer your questions, as I do not really understand the apple icloud.

I am an IT professional working for EMC, and I am heavily involved in Cloud computing and virtual infrastructure, but I have not delved into the Apple icloud.

I do not have any iOS devices, just macs. Only my Macbook uses Mac Mail to access the (what was mail.me.com) imap server. My Macbook cannot be upgraded to Lion as the hardware is unsupported.

The Macbook is running 10.6.8.

I also have an old Powemac running Leopard, and a new Mac Mini running Lion, on these systems I occasionally access my mac mail via the web interface.

Several months ago, the me.com website started directing me to the icloud.com website because mail was no longer accessable on me.com. So I logged in there to get my mail. But that was months ago, and I do not believe I migrated anything to the cloud, unless logging into the icloud website did it for me without my knowledge.

I did not make any changes to my mail account on my macbook (snow Leopard), nor have I used the icloud System Preference pane on my mac mini (Lion). Just last week the mail.me.com imap server started rejecting my login credentials, even though they are correct.

All I want to do is get my mail application to access my email for my address jeffcameron@mac.com.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff

Mar 25, 2012 10:57 AM in response to JeffCMKRNL

I already answered your question. You have been using MobileMe's email settings, which sometimes continue to work for a time after migration but then get turned off. iCloud's mail server settings are different. Strictly speaking Lion 10.7.2 is required for iCloud, and on that Mail is set up automatically.

Snow Leopard cannot access most of iCloud's facilities, however you can set Mail up manually to access your email. The method is described here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html

The situation with iCloud and Snow Leopard is described in detail here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudSL.html

Apr 28, 2012 2:35 PM in response to JeffCMKRNL

Pardon my French but why did Apple release an operating system that invalidates Mail? Is that a clever thing to do? Will it endear users and make them want to buy more Apples? My machine operated perfectly good before upgrading to Dirty_snow_leopard....now Mail doesn't work, and the machine goes on and off every 10 minutes

Expected a heck of a lot more out of Apple.... EXTREMELY BAD SUPPORT

Apr 28, 2012 2:56 PM in response to Sue001

Sue001 wrote:

Pardon my French but why did Apple release an operating system that invalidates Mail?

They have done no such thing, and your complaint as it stands doesn't make a lot of sense. Evidently you are having a problem, and it would be more useful if you could start another thread with it - tacking onto an existing thread can make things very confusing - and give as many details as possible: your exact operating system, confirm whether you are indeed on iCloud and whether you started it from scratch or migrated from MobileMe, and as exact a description of the actual misbehaviour as possible.

Apr 29, 2012 8:53 AM in response to Sue001

Sue001 wrote:

Pardon my French but why did Apple release an operating system that invalidates Mail? Is that a clever thing to do? Will it endear users and make them want to buy more Apples? My machine operated perfectly good before upgrading to Dirty_snow_leopard....now Mail doesn't work, and the machine goes on and off every 10 minutes

Expected a heck of a lot more out of Apple.... EXTREMELY BAD SUPPORT

Not only are you completely incorrect, you seem to be unable to recognize French, your post is in English

Apr 29, 2012 5:15 PM in response to Sue001

Hi Sue,

My Problem had nothing to do with what Apple did, but instead of what I did (unknowingly).

I migrated to icloud from mobile me, And that was the root cause of this issue.

I did not change my OS at all.

I Have three systems one running leopard, one snow leopard, and one Lion, They all access my mail just fine.

Jeff Cameron

Imap server mail.me.com no longer accepts my apple login credentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.