Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time.euro.apple.com is wrong

Armenia does not switch to daylight saving time any more.

and I am being teased by my "windows friends" as Win7 kept the correct time taking in account the fact that Armenia does not switch to summer time any more. Apple does not.

can Apple update its time.xxx.apple.com ?

...fast... ???

Michel

:-)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:33 PM

Information about time zones doesn't reside on a time server. It resides in the operating system. If a time zone has changed, the Mac OS itself will need to be updated.

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 7:23 AM in response to Linc Davis

I've found this thread and is exactly what is happening in Uruguay now.

But the answer is not right in this case.

This year Uruguay hasn't changed the time in summer. So we remain in our timezone (GMT -3) but not using Daylight saving time.

time.euro.apple.com, time.apple.com, time.asia.apple.com are all wrong. They haven't updated the information for this country this year.

So, according to those servers (and therefore the time on my computer) we are in GMT -3 but with the wrong time.

The time shown in GMT -3 is the same as in GMT -2 (because the servers understand GMT -3 is in daylight saving time.

There are two workarounds:

1- Switch to manual adjustment of time and date and set the appropriate time.

2- Use the automatic adjustment but changing the timezone to another city to match the time here.

The problems, however, are:

All Mac computers in the country have the same issue, as well all iPhone and some Android telephones.

Everytime you need to set the time, have to go to preferences and perform a workaround (many regular users still have problems doing that)

If you set an event using Siri, for instance setting a meeting for tomorrow at 2pm (having the correct time in your iPhone), the meeting will be set to 1 pm.

The only solution is to change the time on the servers. And it has to be as soon as possible, in my opinion.

Is there any office or website to notice this?? It's a crazy problem.

time.euro.apple.com is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.