Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Veescope Live on Macbook Pro via Matrox IO?

Hope you've all been doing well

Question: Green Screen and live keying and viewing

Camera: Sony A65

Viewing Devices: 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch (System Unit), Sony Bravia (HDTV)

About to do my first green screen movie and wondering what devices would be needed to get HDMI signal input for live viewing and keying in Veescope Live.
I keep reading ' Capture directly to PRO RES 4:4:4 using a Quicktime compatible capture card', what brand and model and devices is/has 'Quicktime Compatible Capture'? And what does it mean?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 3.4 GHz i7, 8gb Ram, Radeon HD 6970

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:19 AM

Matrox MXO series, AJA Kona series, Decklink series, Motu.

If your laptop has an expresscard 34 slot, the MXO2 mini may be your best choice.

I believe Matrox has released a thunderbolt version as well.

x

4 replies

Mar 27, 2012 4:09 PM in response to Studio X

Well I captured the footage from Veescope via Firewire from a Canon XH-A1 directly into Pro Res HQ... there is noticable quality and image difference when captured to HDV(which *****) and then a bit more color detail is present when captured to Pro Res 444... We might run with this untill we get the MXO2 mini. The key isn't bad at all currently, just a bit of tweeking necessary.

Veescope Live on Macbook Pro via Matrox IO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.