Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2015 6:20 AM by kimkat_ Branched to a new discussion.
rony-z Level 1 (20 points)

It seems that I've made something and now I can't see my files in the All My Files Finder ...

Is it possible to restore the Finder Preferences to Default ?

Or , How can I see all files again ?

See Pic...

Thanks

Screen Shot 2012-03-25 at 12.44.05 PM.png

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • rony-z Level 1 (20 points)

HELP Please !

• Barney-15E Level 8 (46,314 points)

Try reindexing spotlight. Open spotlight system preferences and go to the Privacy tab. Add your hard drive to the list. Wait a few seconds and then remove it. You should then see Spotlight start to index the drive (dot in the spyglass in the status menu area).

• rony-z Level 1 (20 points)

Thank you !

• Gavin583 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks a million, Barney-15E!  Worked exactly as you said.  I only wish the "This Solved My Question" button were available for me to click on.

• Areeb2 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

this happened to me as well, earlier i was deleting some files and while i was deleting files a new window popped up it was a small window from TRASH and it had all the list of the item which I was deleting and every item had Progress bar under it and it seemed like the trash wasnt responding so I tried this

press and hold the power button untill its fully turned off and then switch it back on in 2 min

it solved mine

You can only award one thing to a post. Since you marked my original answer as helpful, you can't mark that one as Solved.

• harryfromglos Level 1 (0 points)

In my All My Files folder on OS X 10.7.5, where they used to be there is now just a search bar with This Mac and All My Files on it. How do I get it back to showing the files?

You will see those things if you start searching in All My Files, but if you just open it, it should just display the files.

When you select All My Files from the Go menu, do you see those search items?

Yes when I used to open it it did display the files but now it doesn't for some reason but just displays the search bar - could I have inadvertently done something? It displays the same when I do it from the Go menu. As I say it didn't used to open on a search bar with nothing below it but used to display the files.

If it helps, in 'Get Info' on the sidebar the path (I think that's what it's called anyway) is

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/MyLibraries

and in 'Get Info' in the search body it's

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/MyLibraries/myDocumen ts.cannedSearch

I don't know what the path would be if it looked like how it looked before and displayed all the files.

In my 'All My Files' folder on OS X 10.7.5, there is now just a search bar with 'This Mac' and 'All My Files' on it where all the files used to be. How do I get it back to showing the files? I don't know how it happened and I don't recall playing around with it.

What third-party Finder "enhancements" do you have installed on both Macs?

I don't know what you mean by 'third party Finder enhancements'! And I only have one Mac, an 11-inch mid 2011 MacBook Air with OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Then all I can suggest is what I have already stated about reindexing spotlight.

Previous 1 2 Next