Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my iPhoto work? My Macbook arrived less than a week ago!

According to the message I get the program may be damaged or incomplete. I don't get how that can be, as it comes with the Mac and I hardly think actually opening it damages it ...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 4:51 AM

8 replies

Mar 25, 2012 5:04 AM in response to dicte86

Is this a brand new Mac? If so you may need to take it to an Apple store and have them Reset it, IE reload the OS. You can do that yourself If you like.

If you find other anomalies, programs not working correctly and or crashes, you may want to consider returning it for a full refund and getting another NEW unit that does function correctly. Apple has a 14 day No Questions Asked return policy for a full refund.

Mar 25, 2012 5:36 AM in response to Shootist007

Yes, this is a brand new Mac. And if I can, I would love to do anything myself, as I have a real long way to go in order to visit the closest Apple store, and have no time to spare between being in classes and studying.

I hate that this happens. This is the second Mac I have bought, and last time I had to endure a mousepad that was messed up due to production error, but even with documents proving it they wanted me to pay for repairing a 2 week old macbook. Next time, I reckon I'll bite the dust and get a laptop with Windows 7 or something.

Why doesn't my iPhoto work? My Macbook arrived less than a week ago!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.