Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect a USB Flash Drive to iPAD using iPAD's USB cable?

I would like to read documents from a USB Flash Drive in my iPAD. Can I connect the iPAD to USB cable connected to a USB hub and connect the USB flash drive to the hub?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 5:54 AM

The camera connection kit only supports the copying of photos and videos into the Photos app. Can you not email the documents to yourself or use the cloud or Dropbox ?

15 replies

Mar 25, 2012 6:07 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you King_Penguin.

Yes, I can use the cloud or the Dropbox but for us email is not an option for files larger than 2 MB and sometimes my company does not like files to be in cloud such as iCloud or Dropbox.

But I understand that iPAD does not have any other provision for directly reading from or writing to a USB flash drive.

Thank you again.

Apr 12, 2012 2:40 PM in response to nareshfromhudson

Here's a flash drive that works both ways with iOS - Mac/PC and has an app that it is used with it for iOS.

http://www.hypershop.com/iFlashDrive-by-HyperDrive-s/210.htm

The app is called iFlashdrive.

It seems somewhat expensive but it is definately worth it in the long run.

$99.99 for an 8 gig

$149.99 for a 16 gig

$199.99 for th 32 gig

They also have an FTP drive that you can plug in any USB storage device and connect via wifi with the device, but you do not need to be connected to conventional wifi or 3G, etc. To me this sounds like a better option. It retails for $99.99 at http://www.hypershop.com/CloudFTP-by-HyperDrive-s/218.htm.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Aug 28, 2012 7:43 PM in response to The_McG

Do you know if the iflashdrive can be used to move content from the iphone 4 to a pc. original pc crashed and lost everything on itunes so all the content I have is on my phone. If I connect directly with new itunes I will lose all the data from my iphone. Just hoping that by using the iflashdrive I can connect to the iphone and move my content back to my new itunes. Here's hoping.

Can I connect a USB Flash Drive to iPAD using iPAD's USB cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.