Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lastest icloud backup not showing in restore options

Hi, my icloud backed up last night at midnight, it shows in my icloud panel in Windows. But I'm trying to restore my iphone from icloud and the latest backup isn't showing.

Backups in my icloud panel show

Brick (March 11, 2012 3:13PM) 1.4GB

Brick (Today 1:33AM) 1.2GB

It's an iPhone 4

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 11:00 PM

This happened to me, I got a replacement phone from Apple, and when I did the restore from iCloud, only one backup from November was showing, but when I setup the phone as a new phone with my Apple ID and then went to the iCloud storage, it showed three backups. So I did some research online and someone posted that they had that same problem, and it was because the backups done on the old phone were from iOS 5.1, and the new phone still had iOS 5.0. So, I setup my phone as a new phone with my Apple ID, went to the update software, updated to iOS 5.1, and then did the reset (erase all settings one), and when I did the restore from iCloud option in the beginning, ALL my backups were there!!! Maybe this is your problem. Hope that helped.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2012 11:00 PM in response to Blessy

This happened to me, I got a replacement phone from Apple, and when I did the restore from iCloud, only one backup from November was showing, but when I setup the phone as a new phone with my Apple ID and then went to the iCloud storage, it showed three backups. So I did some research online and someone posted that they had that same problem, and it was because the backups done on the old phone were from iOS 5.1, and the new phone still had iOS 5.0. So, I setup my phone as a new phone with my Apple ID, went to the update software, updated to iOS 5.1, and then did the reset (erase all settings one), and when I did the restore from iCloud option in the beginning, ALL my backups were there!!! Maybe this is your problem. Hope that helped.

Oct 13, 2015 12:58 AM in response to jcarver

i just want to say thank you both for posting about this topic. When i tell you i am home in tears because i have reset my phone over 8times trying to figure out what i was doing wrong. Now finally after reading your suggestion it worked and that was my issue that i needed to update n then chose icloud backup. Life saver. Finally i can sleep

Lastest icloud backup not showing in restore options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.