12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 11:21 AM by Steven Slupsky
BarbaraS Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to make my first slide show. I have added four music tracks. After the first one is finished the second one does not start. Also, it there a way to start the slide show from another place rather than the begginging when I am previewing it?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Barbara

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • Steven Slupsky Level 1 Level 1

I am not sure what you mean by the "second one does not start"?  Do you mean the second audio track?

Regarding the question about preview, simply select the slide you wish to start from and then preview.

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Barbara, what is your Aperture version? And is Mac OS X (10.5.1) really your current system? Then you cannot be running Aperture 3, right?

Regards

Léonie

• BarbaraS Level 1 Level 1

The scond audio track does not play.

I do select the slide and then I go to the arrow which says play slide show full screen and it starts fromt the beginning. Just realized if I click the second arrow it starts from the slide I selected but I can't see it full screen.

I am using Aperture 3.2.3

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

And what is your Slideshow theme?

Ken Burns

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

audioSlideshow.png

Do your audio tracks look like this? Overlapping narrow strips, or do you have one background track with added single tracks? I'd suggest to click on each track and to check the fade in - fade out settings, and also if the background track is dimmed, if you have one.

My audio tracks are on the top of the photos, not the bottom. Does that make the difference? Can I cut an audio track to fit?

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

My audio tracks are on the top of the photos, not the bottom. Does that make the difference? Can I cut an audio track to fit?

No, I don't think so.

Can I cut an audio track to fit?

You can drag the handles at either side to resize it.

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

obenunten.png

Please forget my last post - I think I misunderstood you. Does your filmstrip look like this: The background green, and the name of the audio at the top? Then you created a background track - a main audio track: Clips in the main audio track cannot be edited, but you can append additional audio (such as another song) to the end of the track when the slideshow is longer than the audio file. Main audio tracks are created, when you drag a song onto some empty space in the timeline.

My audio clips I added differently - by dragging them directly onto an image; then they appear below the images- these clips have handles to adjust their size, they can overlap, and you can control fade-in, fade-out. See this section of the User Manual: Adding Music and Audio to Slideshows: I'd suggest you try to turn your main audio clips into adjustable clips, for with main audio clips I too sometimes had trouble to get the second track started.

Regards

Léonie

Thank you Leonie, I am now putting my tracks on the bottom. Something strange did happen with one of the audio tracks. I could not hear the music, that is why I  was having my trouble. I went to the itunes panel in Aperture and clicked on the audio clip and I just hear a click, no music. I then went to iTunes program and the audio did work for this music, in fact I used to when I made my dvd in iDVD. Has this ever happened to you with an audio file?

Thanks for your help.

Barbara

• Steven Slupsky Level 1 Level 1

Hi Barbara,

Does the audio content you are trying to use have DRM (Digital Rights Management) applied?  Right click the item in iTunes and select "Get Info".  Most iTunes content is now sold without DRM but if the item was purchased a few years ago from iTunes it may have DRM applied.  If so, I do not think Aperture will let you use it (there will no sound).

Steve