Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install the Bundled applications from the Applications Install Disc

Hi.

I can't install the bundled software, such as iphoto and so on. It says something about installation failed, without a fail code????? please help me it is so annoying! Ps. the Mac has i completly reinstalled MAC OSX on!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 12:23 PM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2012 5:33 PM in response to MikkelHasle

I was having the same issue after reinstalling a MacBook Pro 17 with OS X 10.6.6 this weekend.

When trying to install the Applications Install DVD, I got the message "An unknown installation error has occurred".

I connected the MacBook Pro to the Internet and let it download software updates. After rebooting, it had updated to OS X 10.6.8. Applications Install DVD came back with same error. Then the software updates ran again and this time there was an Apple Software Installer Update 1.0 (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512) . After this update, the Applications Install DVD loaded fine.

Hope this works for you.

Can't install the Bundled applications from the Applications Install Disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.