Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows server connection

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 (and would like to upgrade to latest version later this summer, but have held off because of the connection issues below). I have a Windows Home Server 2011 that I back up data to and use as my home's primary data store. This is also where I store my music and videos, including my itunes files.

When I first turn my mac on with a clean start, I am able to connect every time to the server and save and retrieve files. When I put my mac to sleep and wake it up, after several times, typically I can't reconnect to my server and retrieve and submit files. I then have to shut down and restart my mac. No other Windows pc's on my network experience this issue. Ever. I believe it has something to do with changes that Apple has made to "SMB".

What do I need to do to fix this? Before 10.6.8, I never had this issue. It is a royal pain. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray

various, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:31 PM

There are no replies.

windows server connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.