Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command+R

I'm having trouble with my computer. i'm trying to restore my computer's hard drive and renstall my os. my issue is that when i press command+R a lock comes up and i don't know the password cause this is a used computer. I got it from my last school and i was wondering if there's a way to reset the password?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:25 PM

9 replies

Mar 25, 2012 10:05 PM in response to blckspider04

Did this computer come with Lion originally or was it upgraded from Snow Leopard? If it's the former, the recovery process should work; if it was updated to Lion, then it may not because the MAS license for Lion is not transferable - that could be why the recovery partition is not working; MAS is trying to match not only your machine ID, but also your Apple ID which apparently does not match. Hopefully I'm wrong and the above link will work though. Otherwise, you'll have to wipe the drive and purchase Lion to reinstall.

Command+R

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.