Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XCode 4 hanging on startup

I installed XCode 4.3.1 a couple of days ago from the app store but it's not working - It keeps hanging on startup.

When I create a new user and log in as that user xcode works without problem - so the problem is specific to my user.

During startup, before it hangs, xcode appears to be trying to recover 2 "unsaved xcode documents."

XCode hangs showing 2 screens with the message "No Editor."

To fix the problem I've been trying to get rid of my user specific XCode settings.

I deleted the following but there was no change...

~/Library/Developer/Xcode

~/Library/Autosave/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist

I've also deleted anything I could find re old versions of xcode - but I can't recall the specifics.

Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 10:57 PM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Johnny Hack

I just tested xcode again and it's now working.

I hadn't got around to moving everything from my home directory and I hadn't done any more to try and fix xcode. 😕

The only thing I have done that I think might have caused xcode to start working is emptied the trash - perhaps xcode was finding a bad configuration file that I had deleted. I don't know.

XCode 4 hanging on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.