Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extra page printing on Lexmark printer

Since upgrading to Lion I have an extra page printing with every print job on my Optra E310 laser printer with cropped off USERID = "xxx", HOST ID = "xxx" and @PJL JOB NAME = "xxx". It seems to happen mainly in Apple applications, i.e. Mail, but has also happened in Acrobat Pro X. Admittedly, it's an old printer but according to Apple and Lexmark it is supported in Lion. I've tried every setting available but can't seem to eradicate the problem. Lexmark support, who were extremely unhelpful, kicked it straight back to Apple.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 12:36 AM

6 replies

Apr 6, 2012 11:43 AM in response to Is-there-a-vet-in-the-house

Since you upgrade the computer to Lion, try to uninstall and reinstall the printer. Please use the printer driver for MAC OS 10.7 by visiting the link below.

http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_ US&segType=recommendedSegmentMACINTOSH&userlocale=EN_US&id=DR21193

Please let me know how it goes after installing the said driver.

Nov 10, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Is-there-a-vet-in-the-house

I have found the solution. The problem is probably the resolution. The new driver is at 1200 dpi. Set it to 300 dpi. It prevents the error message 'Stack Overflow' ed, and therefore an extra page with the error message.

In the print window, click 'application name' and select printer features. Then select 300 dpi. Leave the rest alone.

It worked well in different applications.

Nov 17, 2015 10:38 AM in response to JorisKnld

This solution is not working with Firefox. Did check the resolution. When moving from 1200 to 300 or changing any other printer functions, the printer starts printing a sheet with tiny print USERID = "xxx", HOST ID = "xxx" and @PJL JOB NAME = "xxx" at the top even though cover sheet is off. Will Check Safari and see if it is an issue with it.

However, I did a check on the Windows side and the printer driver uses the default value of 600 DPI and works just fine. Changed the DPI from 300 to 600 and the sheet with tiny USERID = "xxx", HOST ID = "xxx" and @PJL JOB NAME = "xxx" does not print when printing from other programs like Microsoft Word. The Lexmark site seems to be of no value on this one.

Extra page printing on Lexmark printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.