Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son has disabled his iPad2...he cant remember his "new" passcode and now we cannot access itunes...

Ok, so my 6 1/2 year old decided to reset his passcode on his iPad2, as his 4 year old twin brother and sister had figured out his "old" one. So, now the only problem is he cant remember it. I thought maybe he didn't verify it correctly so perhaps the "new" one wasn't activated but No, first passcode didn't work...and many other combinations of what he thought he entered have not worked either. So now he has disabled it. Problem is getting bigger as we have never synced his iPad before (I am far from IT savvy). So connected to itunes as told only we cant access due to not knowing passcode. We have 3 other iPad2's in the house (all belonging to the children) which are all under my itunes account/apple ID. How can we fix it? Will he loose all his games and movies etc? Im so frustrated right now - I have called a ban on passcodes!! Perphaps on iPads for a week or too as well lol. Any help would be really appreciated. TIA 🙂

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 4:10 AM

10 replies

Mar 26, 2012 4:24 AM in response to Unge-a

Unge-a wrote:

Problem is getting bigger as we have never synced his iPad before...

Well, you do have a problem. You will need to do a "Restore as new." Please read Appendix C. That will wipe out everything on the iPad! All is not lost, however. Go here to recover all items that were obtained from the iTunest Store. Unfortunately he will lose all data, such as game scores.

Mar 26, 2012 5:30 AM in response to Philly_Phan

I cant connect to itunes - it tells me that the ipad is locked and to enter passcode??? Oh S#!t! Is there any way I can restore without connecting to itunes? Like I said it has never been synced before so itunes doesn't even recognise it...Starting to think we will have one ipad-less child in the house soon....

I don't mind if he loses all his data - game scores etc. Thankful that I can re-download previously purchased apps and moves however. Would really love to be able to unlock it first though lol hmmmm

Mar 26, 2012 6:27 AM in response to Philly_Phan

I actually found that page about 20 mins ago 🙂

Second attempt in process...first attempt - now Im not sure if its supposed to happen but ipad turned on with "ipad is disabled please connect to itunes" message and itunes popped up with the "this ipad is locked please enter passcode message" so i cancelled and am now waiting to see if this second attempt is successful. Thankyou very much, I have a feeling it will be a long night here - just my luck the hubby gets to sleep while I sort out all this technical fun-ness.

Fingers crossed.

Mar 26, 2012 6:36 AM in response to Unge-a

If you use the link that Philly provided - you should be able to restore the iPad that way. You need to force the iPad into Recovery Mode now. If you do it correctly - you will no longer get that message about the passcode. Recovery Mode should bypass that when entered successfully. Sometimes it can take a few tries to get it to work.

Keep the faith! 😉

Mar 26, 2012 7:52 AM in response to Demo

Im trying...I let the last update finish and it popped up with a message saying that the ipad wasn't eligible or something of the like. I updated itunes and I am on my third attempt now...so basically i can turn it off and then when i plug in the usb the itunes symbol appears on the screen and then (my imac prompts me in) itunes to restore...usually halfway through the download the ipad turns on and the disabled message appears again and then itunes tells me that i need to enter the passcode in order to access itunes (and ipad). Think I will see this third attempt out and if it fails I have no choice but to throw it at the wall - don't suppose warranty would cover that? No, No Im just extremely overtired - I will call tech support and see what they recommend...Thank-you both for your input.

Hiding all devices (after I remove all passcodes) beginning to think everyone was right in thinking we were loco for buying the kids an ipad each for Christmas.

Well - happened again - ipad turned on and its still disabled and asking me to connect to itunes...itunes is still telling me it could not connect to the ipad because it is locked with a passcode and that I must enter the passcode before it can be used with itunes...I give up its almost 1am 😢

My son has disabled his iPad2...he cant remember his "new" passcode and now we cannot access itunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.